Travelling can throw your good hair plan out the window…. not ideal when you want your holiday snaps to capture you looking your best! RESCU.com.au resident grooming expert, celebrity hairdresser Joh Bailey gives us the low-down on the products, tools and styles to take on your next holiday.
There’s plenty of preparation involved in the lead up to any trip… passports, itineraries, travel insurance. Don’t make the mistake of leaving hair care off your pre-holiday to-do list!
Get your hair in top condition before your vacation as you may not be able to give it your usual care and attention whilst travelling. A good trim, deep conditioning treatment, refreshed colour and excellent blow dry before you get on your flight will ensure you arrive looking more Posh than Scary Spice on touch-down.
What to pack?
Given packing space is a premium, I recommends taking only essential tools and products. These are my top picks:
1. A good anti-frizz serum with silicone to smooth and tame hair in the tropics
2. Hair spray to set hair and give a little polish to the humble pony tail (a style you are most likely going to rock a lot on the trip!)
3. A good brush. A flat paddle brush to smooth out frizzy, thick hair or a large ceramic barrel brush for body and bounce
4. Hair treatment oil for keeping ends in top condition
5. Good quality elastic bands
6. Hair accessories including clips, flowers, head bands and scarves
7. Good quality shampoo and conditioner in travel sizes
Watch Joh Bailey chat exclusively with RESCU.com.au Editor Bahar Etmiman for more of his valuable travel tips:
Want more expert hair and beauty advice? Check out daily beauty bites, product reviews and how to videos on RESCU.com.au